In today’s competitive environment, the best supply chain that offers the highest value to its customers at the most efficient cost will have a distinct competitive advantage. This requires an in-depth understanding of the individual Supply Chain elements, key optimization and efficiency for each of the elements ensuring that there are robust links between each element and inventory management. These must integrate seamlessly and efficiently to deliver optimal cost and fulfil the organization’s promise of value.
- To define and understand the concept of a Supply Chain
- To understand the role of inventory in the Supply Chain
- Critically determine the optimal amount of inventory required
- Implement creative ways of reducing working capital
- Understand the key concepts of inventory control
- Understand and implement essential tools for managing warehouses and inventory in the wider supply chain.