Flammable, toxic and explosive are just some of the inherent hazards of oil and gas. Operational Safety is of prime importance which means that there has to be correct procedures in place and personnel that are competent in using these procedures to ensure that no incidents occur.
- Categorise the hazards inherent in oil and gas arising from the storage and processing of raw materials and products
- Outline the risk management techniques used in the oil and gas industries
- Explain the purpose and content of an organisation’s documented evidence to provide a convincing and valid argument that a system is adequately safe
- Recognise the purpose of and procedures for investigating incidents and how the lessons learnt can be used to improve health and safety in the oil and gas industries
- Illustrate Process Safety
- Formulate Emergency Plans