There are many hazardous fluids & gases present or generated in oil & gas plants or refinery units. These fluids & gases can be flammable or inflammable in nature and can cause fire. To prevent fire from happening, the facility is to be protected with some fire protection system that is provided based on the hazardous nature of the fluids & gases in order to prevent a catastrophic loss of people, facilities and equipment. Firefighting system design in plants are essential to provide and enhance firefighters to deal more effectively with fire.
- Understanding the design for fire protection system in refineries, with reference to NFPA and Shell DEP
- Be able to design and calculation fire protection system
- Be able to perform fire safety assessment
- Be able to inspection, test and maintenance fire protection system
- Be able to review fire protection system