The modern day accountant works in an environment of continuous change. Their role has become more challenging by globalization and advancing technology and competition, which has created a worldwide marketplace with a new level of competitiveness for every business and improved and cheaper technology.
- Understand the sources of information in the business
- Examine how this information is organized, classified and presented
- Utilize effective analytical tools to understand the business
- Participate fully in the management of their business
- Critically review the financial and other management systems of their business
- Understand how change has impacted the role and effectiveness of the accountant in business